Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thing 9

Having some trouble with Bloglines. I have registered - more than 2 hours ago - but for some reason the email confirmation has not come through despite various attempts - rebooting, having confirmation resent, et cetera. Not sure what is up with that. Must come back later and see. In the meantime, I was reading The Cool Cat Teacher site and what she had to say about developing your Circle of the Wise. I have starting doing this with books but had not considered utilizing the internet. This is eye-opening. Having your circle at your fingertips - literally. I need to work this up and I know it will take some time. One of my favorites is Feel the Fear and do it anyway, by Susan Jeffers. Another is Mel Levine - A Mind at a Time. While I am not a teacher in the certification sense, as a nurse you learn that teaching is 90% of what you do in many cases. Mel Levine's perspective, research and knowledge on what makes us individuals and how we can all tap on our strengths is refreshing.

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

All of us working in schools are teachers. Students, teachers, and administrators learn and benefit from the services we provide. The knowledge you gain from this 23 Things process will serve you in many, many ways.

Keep going, you are doing fine!