Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thing 15 - Library 2.0

I have to admit I was getting a little lost in all the toggling back and forth. While I understand the concept - utilizing an on-line library search to connect to whatever it is you are searching for, I have to admit I am still quite green at doing this. Reading the Five Perspectives was informative but I still do not quite know how to use the tool to make it meaningful and easy for me. I figure I have missed something along the way in the 23 things or others are just more computer literate than I. I will trudge on and revisit other activities to enhance what I think I am learning. Stay tuned for an updated post.

http://www.oclc.org/nextspace/002/6.htm - Article - "A temporary place in time," by Dr. Wendy Schultz. Again, as I mentioned in a prior blog, the possibilities seem endless. A "Wi-Fi" library - whoa! The thing that is so mind boggling to me ((but not so mindboggling to people being brought up in the tech world), is that all this is reality now and not some distant future space-age dream. I am challenged immensely to explore and utilize it.

http://www.oclc.org/nextspace/002/5.htm - Article - "To better bibliographic services," by John Riemer. Introduced me to NCSU libraries http://www2.lib.ncsu.edu/catalog/?Nty=1&N=0&Ntt=medical+breakthrough&Ntk=Keyword. The site is phenomenal. Will definitely be coming back to this one.

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

Got a bit lost? Haven't we all in this maze of technology and all it empowers us to be able to do?

But still you have found resources that you will come back to later! That's perfect, don't you think?