Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thing 16 - To Wiki or not to Wiki, that is the question

First, I would like to say that I now know what Wikipedia is and means. I found this link useful: http://plcmccore.blogspot.com/2006/04/wiki-wiki-wiki.html. I agreed with the pros and cons of utilizing Wiki, that the subjectivity of the folks sharing could skew what is trying to be accomplished. I do see it's usefulness though, particular for school nurses. It would definitely be useful in collaboration, problem solving and idea exploration and generally keeping us connected in a productive way. I would suggest to groups that do use it that perhaps an assigned facilitator and moderator would be beneficial the way it is in team settings. May help keep everyone on track. I would not see this necessary for all Wiki situations but perhaps some might find a little added structure beneficial. Just an idea.

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

Wikis certainly provide us an avenue for collaboration within our professions. And I believe that a wiki can eliminate some of the email overload that we all seem to feel.

I have read through all of your blog and made some comments along the way, I hope you will take the time to look back. I have been trying to catch up on all the Library2Play blogs. You are doing a great job, keep learning and have fun.