Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing 21

I am really, really stuck on this podcasting thing. I am not quite sure if my computer is not able to handle it or I do not know how to do it or a combination of both. I have not been very big at listening to pod casts, especially news ones because I do not like all the advertisements but now that I am learning that lots of people do podcasts besides the media, I will definitely be exploring this more as time goes on. I liked what "One crazy teacher to another" did in his blog. I am hesitant to download these free programs without consulting a more knowledgeable person to see if this computer is equipped to handle it. It seems Thing 20 and 21 have me lost. I will be looking for some assistance on this one too.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Okay, I am just impressed that you are on #21, I am working on #12 and working on commenting on others blogs, do you do this often?

VWB said...

if you produce a photostory (podcast with pictures is another way of describing it) it is a little easier to put in your blog...

an audio-only file like thru audacity has to be parked at a 3rd party site and then linked to your blog!

Contact the Kickball Captains' office for help!

play4fun said...

I too am having problems. I think it is more the machine I am using at home. I know that there is an audacity training that takes a couple of days. So much for picking it up online for me. I can't get photostory to download.

bookeatersclub said...

You should have photostory on your laptop, if you didn't bring it home for the summer, try it with your students when school starts again, it is so easy to use.

nina said...

Thanks for all the input. Definitely have more work to do. I will try some of the suggestions.